Kings River Conservation District in collaboration with Self-Help Enterprises will host a second groundwater discussion, this time in the Eastern portion of the Kings Subbasin. Members of the public are encouraged to attend the workshop scheduled to take place Monday, August 26th from 5:30-7:00 pm in Dinuba at the Senior Citizens Center, 437 N Eaton Ave., Dinuba 93618.
Attendees will hear from a panel of seven Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) leaders managing local implementation of the consequential State water law Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA). The panel discussion will highlight key chapters of the Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSPs) being developed in the Kings Subbasin. A GSP is the roadmap for how groundwater will be locally managed in the years to come. Due to the State by January 2020, draft GSPs are beginning to release for a mandatory public review period.
- Ronnie Samuelian, Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group
- Matt Hurley, McMullin Area GSA
- Mark McKean, North Fork Kings GSA
- Gary Serrato, North Kings GSA
- Chad Wegley, Kings River East GSA
- Steve Stadler, James ID
- Josh Rogers, South Kings GSA
- What is the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and why should I participate in its implementation?
- What is the current state of the Kings Subbasin?
- Panel discussion on key chapters of the Groundwater Sustainability Plan